Monday, March 17, 2008

>:-(Absolute Outrage!)-:<

Today, I learned something absolutely OUTRAGEOUS! The heading for chapter nine, lesson three in my SIXTH GRADE MATH BOOK read: Solving Subtraction Problems. EXCUSE ME, BUT I'M NOT TWO YEARS OLD, MISTER MATH BOOK WRITER!!!!!! It seems to me that every thing you "learn" to do in math involves problems that, instead of being turned into an algebraic equation that only a rocket scientist could interpret, could be broken down to a simple addition, subtraction, multiplication problem that a third grader could solve! I mean, it seems to me that every thing from the second semester of sixth grade on is teaching you to take a simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division equation, and building it up to a mind boggling five page algebra problem. Then, you learn how to break those down to the simple problem that it was all those days ago when you started to work on the problem!

Bye bye for now!
- Jared

1 comment:

twoplustwins said...

Yup, that's all Dad does - make big equations into little equations. Or he has the computer solve them.